Friday, July 4, 2008

Thoughts

Ever wondered if the horizon is really the end of the road? That what you see is really all there is to see?

These days I find myself trying to figure out who I am and who God really wants me to be. For so many years I let myself be held captive by the rules, boundaries, and expectations of others. I thought I found friendship and fellowship through conforming. Then when I needed those friends the most, they acted as if they didn't know me. Granted I have a handful that were there and saw me through to more solid ground. The loss of those freindships hurt to my very soul and I felt like even God had left me. Truth be known, I had walked away from him the moment I started conforming to what people wanted me to be instead of following his divine plan.

Now, slowly, I am learning to trust again...trust God first and trust my friends. I recently reconnected with a friend from high school via email and I cannot put the words together to express how wonderful it feels to be able to tell her anything and confide in her the secrets I have kept. And she does the same...

I have to go now, but I'll post more later...

1 comment:

Scott from Texas said...

Woo Hoo! You To!
Good Job. I love it.
Keep em coming.

Scott from Texas