Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year

I stopped blogging to write in a journal as the topics were a bit too personal, but I am back. For New Year's this year I have decided that my resolutions need to be realistic and something I can do without killing myself over not doing them. So here goes:

1) lose 12 lbs
2) finish a quilt
3) complete 12 knitting projects
4) pay off car loan
5)write a month by month Christmas letter
6) walk 10 mins 3 times a week

I fully believe that I can accomplish every single one of these and from that belief springs the drive to do them. They are not a "to do" list but rather a "goals" list. These are the goals that I have set for myself and no one can reach them for me. Sure they can help...I could call a friend or family member and talk for 10 mins while a walk, making the time go that much faster. A friend/family member could help me cut pieces for my quilt. But I will not rely on anyone else to finish anything for me.

Not to be selfish, but this year is about me. About finding my inner peace, my inner beauty, and just finding who "me " really wants to and could be. The part of me that conforms and does what others ask is still strong but the inner me is getting stronger everyday and I will not let her disappear again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just discovered your blog! You have already surpassed your goal of losing 12 pounds, by over double! Way to go! Super proud of you!