Well, another absence on my part, sorry about that. I have been busy with life and haven't gotten around to sitting down to write. I have been feeling better the last week and it has a lot to do with medication and attitude changes I have been making.
I started having a side effect to the Latuda I was on, so I have totally gotten off of it. What a difference! I am no longer sleepy at work, my leg stopped shaking uncontrollably, and I just feel happier. The only down side is that I have had a caffeine withdrawal headache for 3 days. I had been taking caffeine pills to stay awake at work and now that I am not sleepy, I am not taking them. Thus, I have a headache because I don't drink soda or coffee; I just get a little bit from Cranergy. The leg shaking is a symptom of a syndrome that can occur with the medication, gets worse with continued use, and only stops with the end of medication. That is the major reason I wanted off of Latuda. The surprising part to me was the increase in my happiness factor off of the medication. I feel good for the first time in a long time. I smile more, I am reading books and magazines again, and I am no longer looking for the bad in everything. I am enjoying more time spent with friends and family.
The attitude change has been long needed I think. I have been making an effort to be more mindful of the world around me and not putting myself at the center of the world. I have been attempting to be more positive at work and about work. It has made a great difference in how I feel about work. I am no longer dreading work and the office has been a more pleasant environment for me. I get along better with my coworkers. The mean patients don't upset me as easily. I am just doing so much better all around.
I am also getting more sleep since changing from Lunesta to Trazadone. I have been having a hard time with waking up during the night and not being able to fall back asleep while on the Lunesta. Once I switched, I am still waking but going right back to sleep without any trouble. I think because of this I am physically feeling much better.
All together I am feeling and doing so much better than this time two weeks ago. I can't believe I feel this good. I hope it lasts a long time! Well- I have to go now. Talk to all of you later :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment